About Dr. Aaron Rives
Dr. Aaron Rives studied at The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and did his graduate studies at The University of California at Berkeley. He finished his podiatric medical degree (D.P.M.) at The Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine in 1980, and completed his one year surgical preceptor ship at Brent Hospital (now closed) in 1981.
In July 1981, Dr. Rives opened his practice on King Road in Riverview, Michigan, and is proud to say that as of October 2012 he is still treating his very first patient.
Some of Dr. Rives’ accomplishments include:
- First podiatrist to introduce the Anodyne Infrared Light Therapy for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy and wounds.
- First podiatrist to have the new Cold Low Level Laser Therapy for the treatment of fungal toenails and wounds.
- Provides surgical training of podiatric residents at our local hospitals.
- Frequent lecturer on diabetic foot care.
- On staff at Henry Ford – Wyandotte Hospital, and Oakwood – Annapolis.
- Dr. Rives is Board Certified in foot & ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.